Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen
1 sleeve honey graham crackers (8 crackers)
2 tbsp. sugar
4 tbsp. butter, melted
7 oz (about 26 ) soft caramels (like Kraft or Brach’s)
¼ c. water
3 ripe, firm bananas, peeled and sliced ½ inch thick
1 ½ c. heavy cream, chilled
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. instant espresso or coffee
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grind sugar and graham crackers in food processor until finely ground.
2. Add melted butter in a slow, steady stream while processing machine.
3. Dump mixture into glass pie plate and, using a custard cup or dry measuring cup, press mixture evenly into bottom and up sides of pan.
4. Bake crust for 12 minutes or until fragrant. Cool at room temperature, 30 minutes.
5. When crust has cooled, heat caramels and water in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir occasionally and cook until caramel sauce is smooth.
6. Pour caramel sauce into bottom of cooled graham cracker crust.
7. Shingle banana slices evenly across the surface of the caramel.
8. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until caramel is cooled completely.
9. Beat cream, sugar, and instant espresso with whisk attachment on electric mixer on medium speed until thickened. Continue beating on low speed until cream is whipped to soft peaks.
10. Pile whipped cream onto bananas and smooth to edges with spatula.
11. Freeze 2 hours, and serve.