White Pizza with Balsamic Syrup and Lemony Arugula
Makes 1 large pizza
1 lb. whole wheat pizza dough
2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1/4 c. olive oil, divided
1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
1/2 c. fontina (or mozzarella), shredded
1/4 c. freshly grated parmesan
2 tbsp. balsamic glaze
4 oz. arugula
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 475 and place pizza stone in oven. Ideally, stone should heat for 1 hour before baking pizza.
2. Roll pizza dough on parchment. Combine garlic cloves with 2 tbsp. olive oil, and 1/4 tsp. of the salt in a small bowl. Set aside
3. Spread garlic oil over entire crust. Sprinkle pinch of pepper across surface.
4. Divide cheeses over top of pizza. Top with balsamic glaze in concentric circles (or whichever fancy way you prefer).
5. Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden and crust is crisp. Meanwhile, combine arugula with lemon juice, remaining oil and remaining salt.
6. As soon as pizza comes out of the oven, top with arugula. Slice and serve.