Chicken, Sausage, Peppers and Onions
Makes 4-6 servings
4 skinless, bone in chicken leg quarters (or just thighs)
1 package Italian style chicken sausage, cut into 3 inch chunks
4 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped into large pieces
2 large onions, cut into large chunks
6 garlic cloves, smashed
2 red-skinned potatoes, chopped into large chunks
1/3 c. olive oil
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 425. Arrange chicken, sausage, peppers, onions, garlic, and potatoes in a 13 x 9 inch. baking dish. You want everything to have room to roast, so by all means use two different baking dishes if that seems easier for you. If you use leg quarters you will definitely need two dishes.
2. Splash olive oil over mixture and toss with your hands, covering each item with oil.
3. Sprinkle salt and oregano over mixture and mix again.
4. Place in oven and roast for at least 1 hour or up to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
5. Serve (all you need to complement this is a tossed green salad).