This seems like such an obvious recipe to me that I looked it up first, to make sure it hadn’t been done a thousand times. There were a lot of just Boursin mushrooms, and a few Boursin and spinach stuffed chicken (um sounds amazing). Do you know what Boursin is? How many times can one say Boursin in a short paragraph?Four, apparently. So the delicious cheesy spread known as Boursin (say it like boar-sahn) has been a constant in my house forever. Serve it with crackers – better than any cheese ball and way less work. I love a shmear served with steak or cooked up with sauteed onions and mushrooms. Leo, my toddler, once ate about half a package with a spoon. Costco sells an inexpensive 3-pack so lately we always have it on hand.
Stuffed mushrooms can be pretty time-consuming not to mention a serious calorie bomb, and I’d like to think both of those issues were solved here. With just four ingredients (I don’t count cooking spray or salt and pepper) this is a fantastic vegetarian recipe that’s full of fiber – a perfect two bite start to dinner.
Spinach and Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms
Makes a scant 2 dozen
24 white button mushrooms (a 24 oz package will work), stems removed
1 (10 oz) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 package Boursin cheese
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray both sides of mushrooms with cooking spray or an olive oil spritzer.
2. Place mushrooms gill side down (rounded side up) and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from oven, flip mushrooms, and bake for another 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool about five minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine spinach, cheese, salt and pepper (easiest for me done with my hands) until smooth.
6. Divide cheese mixture amount mushrooms cavity, mounding slightly. Either sprinkle with cheese or press each mounded mushroom into cheese. Return to baking sheet and bake for a final 10 minutes. Serve.
Mushrooms can be baked and refrigerated; bake in 350 degree oven until warmed through, about 10 minutes, before serving.