My Christmas cookies this year will be all repeats – except these, which are technically just a slight riff on my favorite peanut butter cookies. Folks, these peanut butter cookies get RAVE reviews whenever they’re made. They’re better than pb cookies made with flour, so they’re NATURALLY gluten free; as in, I’d be making these even if Rich weren’t eating them.
Just add kisses and you’ve got everyone’s favorite Christmas cookie. These freeze well, just make sure they’re completely cooled before you freeze. They will keep at room temp for several days (if they last that long).
Peanut Butter Blossoms – GF
Makes 3-4 dozen small cookies
1 3/4 c. light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c. peanut butter (not natural style)
kosher or sea salt to sprinkle – optional
3-4 dozen Hershey Kisses
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat brown sugar and eggs with electric mixer until blended, about 1 minute on low speed.
2. Add vanilla and peanut butter and continue mixing on low until evenly and smoothly combined, about 1 minute.
3. Cover dough and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
5. Scoop batter with a 1 inch spring-released cookie scoop or roll into balls (tablespoon amounts). Sprinkle lightly with salt, and place in preheated oven.
6. Bake for 10 minutes on the center rack of the oven. Let cool on baking sheet about 2 minutes and gently press a Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie. Let cool about 8 more minutes before gently moving to wire rack to cool completely.