These sliders have been on my site since before I had Leo. Here’s an excerpt from the original introduction. “We don’t know what gender baby we are having for #2, and even though I have a sneaking suspicion it’s another girl, if I reflected on my current eating patterns, I might think boy. All I want is juicy cheeseburgers, hot greasy fries, pizza and ice cream”. So funny, because we did, indeed, have a boy! Enter Leo!
Anyway – two people in the past few weeks said they make these sliders on the reg and when I went to the post I saw that the I hadn’t restored the photos from my blog crash of 2017. The recipe stands untouched except for the title. “Cheesy Beefy Sliders” became oven-baked sliders because to me, that’s what makes them so unique. These are mixed in 1 minute, bake in 15 and require no toppings because all the flavor and cheese is baked into the meat.
Lastly, you’ll see I use a “spice mix” packet. It’s the only one in all of my over 700 recipes. Thing is, if you’re making these sliders they’re for a treat and you’re likely not concerned with the weird additives in the packet. Enjoy these as appetizers, a game day snack or even a fun weeknight dinner. It’s a guaranteed hit.
Oven Baked Cheeseburger Sliders
1 lb ground beef – 85/15
2 tbsp. Lipton onion soup mix
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. light or low-fat mayo
12 King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
1/3 c. bread and butter pickles
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix beef, soup mix, cheese and mayo in a large bowl until combined.
3. Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil and spray foil with nonstick spray.
4. Press meat into pan and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Open rolls and place pickles on the bottom roll.
6. Drain fat from pan and slice meat into 12 squares.
7. Place meat on buns and replace top bun. Press to close. Serve immediately.